Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Good Stuff!!!

So... today started out like any other day... Yeah right, we have all come down with colds, so we are a hot mess to put it lightly. 

So much so, instead of writing a note to the teacher stating we left Patrick's name tag at home and he would have to go without it. I just slipped $4.00 into an envelope and bought a replacement. 

Today, was going to go something like...
1. Drop Abbie off at school. 
2. Make pancakes for Patrick. It's his comfort food.
3. Get him in his uniform and drop him off at the bus stop.
4. Go home soak in the tub, because who doesn't when they don't feel well.
5. Take a nap. Rest is always good when you don't feel well right?

So we made it through the first three right on schedule and then came time for drop off at the bus. And you could tell my bus mom, my battle buddy was not having a good day. It's her birthday and at 10:20 am she was at the end of her rope. 

Might have been because her son woke her up at 7:00 to wish her happy birthday.
Could be she really wanted her hubby to text her a happy birthday. (He's currently out in the field prepping for Gunnery or another field exercise). Could have been the notice she received from the school notifying her son's account was negative and would need money put in. (When she knows she budgeted the right amount and sent it in with him). 

So right then,  I was thinking no one deserved to spend their morning of their birthday in a crappy mood. I do believe your attitude is everything and will make or break you day.  If some way, somehow,  I could do just one thing to brighten her day, I was going to do it. 

So I suggested lunch, well suggested implies I gave her an option. I really said, lets go to lunch. My treat, its your birthday. So, now to decide where we are going. I just started aimlessly, and then I remembered a conversation about Chinese food. Bullseye we are going to Mama Fu's. They have a pretty decent lunch deal. Entrée noodles or rice with your choice of meat, an appetizer and a drink around $10.00.  So we get there and they are still in kitchen prep. Offered to let us sit, get our drinks and peruse the menu. (If I didn't already love this place today would have done it). 

We sit, discuss what we were I've decided Thai Cashew Stir Fry my biggest dilemma
choosing chicken or beef. Another one was to order the large potstickers or small to split. 
My friend ended up ordering Teriyaki with chicken. We also got a  large Edamame, also to split.
We were set. 

We ended up chatting for a couple hours, didn't get her back to her car until 12:30 or so, just enough time to for me to get home and soak in the tub. I found out later she ended up with my nap, so all in all it turned out to be an okay day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment