Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Projects



So I've set aside Patrick's stocking and decided to start up a blanket for him.

Where I stopped. Have the heal, backstitching and his name to complete.

I found Pintrest, not sure that is the best thing for me but so far I haven't gone over board. Yet anyways. When I was looking through site I found a site online online called Crochet school. Here is the link to the sight http://www.craftyminx.com/2011/11/crochet-school-.html/#

So I decided to watch her videos and in one was a granny square. So I decided to try it out. I want to try a hexagon blanket but I think that will be for another time. So I raided my stash of yarn. I had Red Heart Super Saver in Bright Yellow, White, Delft Blue and Patrick pick out the Green (his favorite color).





So I gathered my supplies, scissors, my purple crochet hook, yarn needle, and a recycled tomato can for my scraps of hard. I decided to take Dana from Craftyminx suggestion and weave in my ends as I go. That way I won't be spending days weaving in ends.


Here is just a sample of squares. I've decide to make each color in the center, middle and outside and just rotate. I've also decided to solid squares so I'll sew them together to make bigger squares. So I will have a row of Green, blue, white with the different solids across. So it will end up 4 by 4 once I'm all done. 



I decide to finish up all the solid squares first that way. I only need 12 of those and 20 of the mixed squares. I will post more pictures as I go. The nice thing about the squares is they hardly take any time. So this project shouldn't take much time. Well, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment