Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Expectations

I guess my expectations of this deployment would be smooth (so far has been) kind of went out the door the last couple of weeks. I've asked for a date and I got a tentative date. A date I don't really want. I want him to come home don't get me wrong. I can't wait for him to come home.

The tentative date runs along the same date that we travel for Thanksgiving. I know if he comes home before then we probably wouldn't get on the plane. The one deployment, that I have plans I can't back out of, he would come home early.

He is kind of excited if he comes home while we are gone because he can meet us at the airport. Which would floor both of our kids, it just sucks because we are the only family in the area and he won't have anyone to meet him at the gym or airport or where ever. Other than a friend's wife, which is a big weight off my shoulders. He has told me repeatedly that its ok, if we are not there. It's not ok with me. I want that first kiss. The first hug. The anticipation of homecoming.

I guess I need to adjust my expectations will be a little different this time. I guess I still can have the butterflies, the first kiss at the airport. I know Abbie will be over the moon and I don't know what Patrick will do besides run around like a mad man. I can't wait to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment